Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I can't believe it has already been a month since our last post! Time is flying right by. Our weather has been gorgeous for the past couple of months. It felt like Spring and we were having so much fun enjoying the nice weather, but last week we got some snow out of no where and it has been so cold for the last little bit since. The kids did enjoy it for a couple of days, but now it's just cold and wet and we are all anxiously awaiting our sunshine again.
Avery LOVED playing in the snow with Allen. She was out there right next to him with her little shovel just like Daddy's. Then she begged him to spin her on the sled til he was so dizzy he was ready to pass out.

Abby and Caleb spent sooo much time trying to build a snowman, but to no avail. The snow was so dry, but they had some good times on the sled. It was nice to have it around for a couple of days, but we are hoping to move on to REAL springtime now.


Miss Avery had her big day last week and it was a lot of fun. It was good for her to have a day that was all about her. She is always on everyone else's schedule and hardly ever gets her say in things. She LOVED having everything revolve around her for a change. Abby and Caleb are great about birthdays and love to make it a special day. They decorated and baked like crazy, and they even catered to their demanding baby sister. She was hilarious about every little thing. Especially the cupcakes! She could hardly contain herself and it was great. You can see it on her face.

After pizza and cupcakes we had presents and a movie. SHe LOVES Horton Hears a Who and she tricked her dad into cuddling in the bouncy castle with her for the whole movie. She was on cloud nine that everyone was actually doing everything she wanted them to do.

It was a fun day for everyone and it was great to celebrate out special little spitfire!

Then, today was St. Patricks Day and the kids had a great time fantasizing about leprechaun mischief and treasure. A couple of weeks ago we made Leprechaun traps for family night and they turned out so cute. The kids had a blast making them and were very imaginative. When they woke up this morning they were so excited to see if they had caught one. They found their traps had gone off but were empty. Something had
definately caused quite a stir. The pots of gold were knocked over and completely empty and they had left a mess of things. Abby and Caleb had adrenaline pumping and were so thrilled they had even been here. It was a lot of fun to watch them and listen to their conversations about it all.

I also wanted to post a random picture of Caleb. He is such a funny kid. He is ALWAYS stealing my camera and taking pictures of every little thing. Sometimes he actually catches some good ones- in fact I've used a few of them, but there are alot
of staged scenes from toys and siblings posing, etc. Anyways, I was flipping through my pictures and found this one he worked really hard to snap of himself. When Allen and I asked him about it he beamed with pride over his masterpiece, it was just what he wanted and couldn't have been happier. Too funny.

4 comments:

The Dilg Clan said...

Oh Heather! I love your little family! I love the pics of Avery being so excited about her birthday, and Caleb's! WHOO! He is so handsome! I love you guys!!

Bingham Bunch said...

Too cute.....I look at all those pictures of the snow and have vague memories.....If you ever want to escape, you always have a place to sleep and eat in Dallas! And it was over 80 degrees today! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much hair Avery has! That's crazy!!!

Polaris said...

hahaha I love her excitement of the cupcake!