The last few weeks have been packed with fun for the kids especially. We've had parties and visitors and more parties and traveling and to top it all off, nice weather! We are loving the sunshine and fresh air.
This last Sunday we all traveled up to Spokane for Sara's baby Connor to be blessed. He is so sweet and cute and it was fun to see everyone. The dads got sucked in to the kids cartoon they were watching at Sara and Tyler's apartment before church.
Last Thursday my sister Britta and her family drove all the way up here and stayed with us for a few days. We were thrilled to have them and the kids had a blast together. The time flew right by and it was really hard to see them go again. We hadn't seen them since June and I'm sure it will be another long while before either of us gets a chance to get together.
The kids had such a great time playing together. They were here over Valentines Day and were kinda worried about crashing our romantic plans- yeah right. We're not big Valentines Day people, I would much rather get flowers on some random day because you really love me and feel like doing it than because it's the day to do it like everyone else is and pay $50 for em! Plus all the restaurants are packed yadda yadda yadda. Valentines Day is a blast because the kids LOVE it, so we decided we would just have a big fun family party on Valentines Day. Eliza, my niece referred to our plans as a "celebration of love", soon we were all calling our vday plans our celebration of love plans. She is a funny little girl. Abby and Caleb were so sweet about their little love notes they would leave around for everyone. Caleb made me a cute one that says "DIS ES YUR VLENTIN GIFT. I LUV YOU MOM. CALEB" I love it. So for the big day we made a pink red and white breakfast of crepes and strawberries with lots of whip cream. Then Britt and I took our older girls out shopping. Abby and Eliza are little shoppers and had a great time being together on such an outing. .
We had plans to have an exciting valentine picnic at the park but were too starved to make it so we ate heart shaped sandwiches at home, then headed to the park. The kids had a great time running and playing in the nice weather. I think they would have stayed for hours, but we did eventually make it home again.
We were going to have heart shaped pizzas from Papa Murphy's for dinner but they really looked like a beat up circle.The kids were creative about it all though and loved it. Then they decorated their cupcakes with tons more candy, scarfed them down and ran around until they crashed.
....literally
With the kids all knocked out for the night we were free to eat the good stuff and play pinnochle all night long! We had such a good time with them and are so happy they came to stay with us. Our sweet husbands let us talk and talk and talk some more and I loved it all!
Okay, so before that we had a fun Valentines Party with the preschool group. I think kids are too fun with these sweet holidays full of candy and friends. They
We had also been sick for forever it seems like. One kid would get over
This is just a cute picture of Avery rocking out, it suits her personality.
Speaking of Avery, she got to go on her first outing with her Daddy the other day and thought she was pretty big stuff. She adores Allen, when she's not getting in
And to end, these are a few a pictures Al snapped of me with each of the kids at the park and I love the moments he gets. He is so good about catching the real
Then he caught a better one of us in a happier place after everyone had made up. She is a good little girl and helps me out so much. I think we tend to expect so much from her because she does help out so much, I need to remember to cool out on her sometimes.
The last one is of me just walking up the stairs with my little Avery. I don't know why I like it so much. I think it's just because it's so real. She's my fiesty little stinker and I love her strong personality.... for the most part.
7 comments:
Your words are so real and sincere, those are beautiful family moments. I am so glad you and Britta got your families together for a "celebration of Love"!!!
Love it! I love your sentiments on Valentine's Day.......ME TOO! That's why I love to sit at home, eat chocolate, and have binging contests--LOL. Your family is getting so big! I can't believe how time flies by...it seems like just yesterday we were trying to get together for our weekly lunch dates (your taco soup is still one of our family favorites) AND I'll never forget those butt-kickin' sandwiches you made. Did I mention I miss you guys??????
there is no way I can match a blog that long, or that enjoyable to read. but I keep trying =0)
I miss your whole family SO MUCH! Very cute pictures of them all, and I love Al's coloring shots
Miss you guys, so I was glad to get an update!
heather
you are such a cute mom, I love those REAL photos of you and your kids and the thoughts you shared about each kid
HEATHER!!! This is Marcie Bowers. How are you?? I have been thinking about you so much. This that a picture of your parents. They look so different. EMAIL me. I want to keep in touch. bowemarc@gmail.com
Marcie Bowers Miller
You sound like me. I just did a big update to my blog. I haven't been blogging much lately. Cute pictures of all the fam. You have a cute family.
Post a Comment