Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blah!

Avery and I are sick today so we are just taking a chill day - what a great opportunity to take some down time and make a new post. Unbelievable I am doing it before another month has flown by. It seems like Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and we are all excited for another holiday. Last night for Family Night we had a lesson on gratitude. Caleb just couldn't sit still for 2 minutes and it was driving us all crazy, so we asked him and Abby to share 5 things they are grateful for. Abby's list was sweet, she's grateful for our family and a home, a warm bed, the earth, Jesus and church. Caleb, on the other hand, is grateful for Jesus, play time, friends to play with, candy, and time to play. Do you think he likes to play? His favorite thing to do is play games and never gets sick of it. He is a fun kid and I love that he keeps me busy playing! I volunteered in Abby's class yesterday and she was so happy to have me there it made me feel good I'm able to go and do that. It's hard to organize with younger kids still at home and I sometimes feel like I'm going and going and going, but it's doing the things that I love to do. I know I say I'm busy all the time, but I am. Most of my time is devoted to playing with kids. It's what I am completely absorbed in, and it's going to be that way for a while still. I don't mind making them my number one priority and letting other things sit on the back burner for now. I will have time for other things later, cause I'm not willing to miss out on these things now. That being said, we are all being lazy bums today and watching movies with pillows and blankets. We are looking forward to a week off of school. Allen bought a new gun and is excited to go hunting with it this weekend. I think that is the real reason he's so in to staying home over Thanksgiving, the truth finally came out. I love to be with family this time of year, but Allen has always just wanted to do our own family thing. Which is fun and I love it at Christmas, but Thanksgiving is different to me. It will be nice to have a few days free of work and school to have some laid back time to ourselves though. It's cute to see how excited a grown man can be over playing mountain man for a few days too. He hasn't been for a while and can't wait to go. Maybe he'll try for a bear in the spring again too. He deserves to have some grown up fun. This last weekend I went with my mom and sisters to play for a few days and it was such a blast. When I came back home it was so nice to have a sweet husband and kids waiting for me. THey had cleaned and cooked and shopped all weekend together. Allen had to get the kids ready and to church all by himself. And he was still smiling when I came home. He is very sweet and takes very good care of us. Avery is keeping us on our toes. That girl! She is opening doors now and her favorite place is the bathroom. She will break in and bolt straight for toothpaste, toothbrushes and deodorant every single time. She is a funny kid. She is starting to talk like crazy and it is fun to hear her babbling all around the house. She has such energy, too! Caleb is in gymnastics class and the entire time I have to physically restrain her from running out and jumping on the trampoline or rolling on the mats. She is entering a stage that is alot more fun now that she can communicate better and knows how to interact and play with her siblings. Okay, that'll do for now. I need to go make some dinner!

5 comments:

Travis Kay said...

Hey Heather...saw your comment on our blog...good to hear from ya! Your family is growin' up, wow. Wish Allen luck hunting this year and for you and the kids, get better.
-your cuz

The Kay Family said...

I saw your comment on Trav's blog as well. My list of friends and family is pretty short...so I added you guys. Hope that's okay!

Whitney said...

Hi Heather, I was surprised to get your comment the other day, but really happy. How fun to know what is going on with your family. It does seem like forever since we've seen you guys. Your family picture is so cute. Cute kids. I'll add you to my list too. Does anyone else in your family have a blog?

Whitney said...

Guess I could have just looked at your contacts.:)

Amber said...

Heather I saw your comment on Whitneys blog and wanted to come say hello! your kids are so cute, I haven't seen your family in forever. I love blogs for this reason! It's so nice to keep in touch this way. My blog is private so I need to get your email address to send you an invite. my email is ambergenta@gmail.com!